From Divinity Engine Wiki
- call SetOnStage((GUIDSTRING)_Object, (INTEGER)_OnStage)
Depending on whether _OnStage is 0 or 1, sets _Object either off-stage or on-stage. Object can be a character or an item.
By default, all objects are on stage. When an object is set off-stage,
- it becomes inactive: none of its reactions or scriptframes in behaviour scripts will run;
- it will still receive events;
- it becomes invisible and cannot be interacted with by anything or anyone using game mechanics (combat, surfaces, ...);
- it won't take up room on the AI-grid: other items/characters can occupy the space where the object was located
- If a player character is set off-stage, the camera will automatically move to another player character controlled by the same user if there are any. NPCs and items near the player that was moved off-stage will also become inactive unless other (non-off-stage) player characters are still nearby.