From Divinity Engine Wiki
- event CharacterUsedItemFailed((CHARACTERGUID)_Character, (INTEGER)_Item)
Thrown when _Character, which can be a player character or an NPC, tried to use _Item but failed to do so.
The failure is only reported through this event in the following cases:
- the item has been marked as only usable by its owner, and _Character is not its owner.
- the item is stuck. An item is stuck if it has the FROZEN or PETRIFIED status.
- the item is locked and _Character, nor anyone in their party in case of a player character, has the key.
- _Character: The character that tried to use the item.
- _Item: The item that the character tried to use.
- After this event, you will still get a CharacterStoppedUsingItem event as well.