From Divinity Engine Wiki
- query ItemGetOriginalOwner([in](ITEMGUID)_Item, [in](CHARACTERGUID)_Character)
Returnes the Original Owner of the _Item as _Character. This can be changed through ItemSetOriginalOwner.
- Success/Failure: Fails if the _Item does not exist.
- _Character: The original owner of the item.
- An item is considered stolen if its Owner does not match its Original Owner.
- If an item is not yet stolen (i.e. its Owner and Original Owner are identical) and that Original Owner dies, the Owner & Original Owner are both cleared.