Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
From Divinity Engine Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Technical Documentation ==
== Technical Documentation ==
Revision as of 16:01, 28 July 2017
Step 1: New Project - What type of project do I need?
- You want to create an entire story, with levels and fights and dialogues, and a lot of scripting.
- You want to modify non-story parts of the existing campaign or another mod.
- Story mod
- You want to change or add to the Divinity Original Sin 2 story code.
Step 2: Load or Create Level
- Choose Level
- Load an existing level in your project or in the campaign
- Create New Level
- A fresh start.
- But I don't want to create or change a level: choose Sandbox
- Choose sandbox if you want to work on treasure, stats, textures, models...
Step 3: Now how do I...
- MOD THE MAIN CAMPAIGN
- Modding visuals
- Change icons of statuses, skills, NPCs...
- Add player icons to select from
- Change 3D models
- Change a texture
- Change the atmosphere (lighting etc)
- Change animations
- Change existing materials, or create and assign new materials
- Change visual fx
- Change Balancing
- Change enemy and NPC stats and gear
- Change enemy behaviour and known skills
- Change base stats of player characters
- Change presets and create new presets ("classes")
- Change player weapon and armour stats
- Change some exposed combat and gameplay variables
- Change the gold value of things
- Change what food and potions do
- Change crafting ingredients and results
- Change treasure settings of containers and characters
- Change trade inventories of characters
- Change magical properties of magic modifiers on generated items
- Change settings of magic generation of items
- Change some talent settings
- Change skill properties (e.g. damage, action points...)
- Change skill, crafting and item requirements; and talent requirements
- Change how statuses act and react
- Change some exposed surface settings
- Translate the game
- By using a loca kit, not the modding tool.
- Make one of those fancy camera-flies-through-the-level movies?
- Use splines!
- Change interactivity
- Change what items you can pick up and move
- Change what item tooltips are shown in the world
- Change how items behave when you destroy them
- Change, add, remove use actions on items
- Change text
- Add hints to the loading screen
- Change character names, item names and item descriptions
- Change contents of books
- Change dialogs
- Change journal entries
- Redecorate existing levels
- Move items and characters around
- Change the terrain
- Add books to the game
- Add keys to existing chests
- Add chests and containers to the game
- Add decorational items to the game
- Add weapons and armour to the game
- Change terrain
- Modify scripting
- Change story code
- Change behaviour script code
- ADD STUFF TO THE MAIN CAMPAIGN
FAQ: Why can I not...
- Add talents to the game?
- Talents are coded in C++. They usually override or change the gameplay rules in such a unique way, that it's not viable to create reusable templates and make them data driven.
- Change all sounds in the game?
- We use Wwise and sounds have to be added and processed in Wwise.
- Mod the UI?